JobOffer at the Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage
The Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities and Cultural Heritage (ACDH-CH), a research department of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW), Austria’s leading non-university research institution, is seeking a FRONTEND WEB DEVELOPER (F*M) (20 – 40 hour per week).
You will join an internationally networked team, pursuing research at the intersection between information and communication technology and humanities studies. Your work will be focused on the design and implementation of web applications as part of the institute’s engagement in various research projects, dealing with research data from various humanities disciplines, like archaeology, history, linguistics, prosopography, literary studies etc., comprising data about persons, places, historical events, as well as representations of cultural artifacts, books, works of literature or art and the manifold relations between these. To get a better impression, you are invited to look at the ACDH-CH's projects or public code repositories:
• Writing documentation and implementing automated tests for the developed applications
• Knowledge of web architectures, standards and protocols (HTTP, CORS, OpenAPI)
• Experience with JS-driven data visualization, especially network or GIS data is an optional asset
• Knowledge of other scripting languages (Python, PHP, TypeScript) is beneficial
• An international, diverse team in the centre of Vienna
• Work with unique cultural heritage data in cutting-edge collaborative research projects
• Strong focus on innovation and new technologies in a multidisciplinary field
• Flexible family-friendly working hours
• Work independently, bring in own ideas and initiatives
• An environment to grow your interests and develop your skills
The initial annual gross salary is € 42.777,14 in accordance with the collective agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW). The employment will start at the earliest in October 2022 and run initially for 12 months, with the option to extend. Interested? Take the opportunity and send your application today (including CV, letter of motivation and references of previous projects) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (mentioning Job ID: ACDH-CH096TEC022). The application deadline is September 30th, 2022.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity. Individuals from underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.