Digital Humanities Celebratory Event on 12-13 July 2011
Opening of the Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH) and release of TextGrid 1.0
We cordially invite you to the Digital Humanities Celebratory Event on 12-13 July 2011. The event will celebrate the opening of the Göttingen Centre for Digital Humanities (GCDH) and the release of TextGrid Version 1.0.
The Celebratory Event will take place on 12 July at the Paulinerkirche, the historical building of the State- and University Library of Göttingen. Several guests and experts from politics and science will participate, among them:
- Prof. Johanna Wanka, the Secretary of Science of the Ministry of Science and Culture of Lower Saxony
- Prof. Ulrike Beisiegel, the President of the Georg-August University Göttingen
- Dr. Wilhelm Krull, Chairperson of the Board of the University
- Dr. Haim Gertner, of the European Holocaust Research Infrastructure Project
- Dr. Tobias Blanke, Centre for eResearch at King’s College London
During a panel discussion the participants will talk about their experiences with and the opportunities and challenges of the Digital Humanities.
On 13 July the TextGrid Project will offer introductory courses to its Virtual Research Environment. In addition to the courses, parallel sessions will offer various workshops on Digital Humanities.
If you would like to participate please register at www.textgrid.de/festakt. Please note that the events will be held in German. The deadline for the application is 31 May 2011. We look forward to your interest and participation.