Join the ADHO Executive Board and Committees
***Nomination phase extended for one week!***
As part of the restructuring of the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO), we seek nominations for committed individuals who would like to actively help further DH in all its breadth and diversity on a global scale for the following positions:
- ADHO Deputy Treasurer
- ADHO Communications Officer
- ADHO Infrastructure Committee Chair
Officer terms will commence immediately and end after the 2021 Digital Humanities Conference in Tokyo. A description of the roles is below. All members of ADHO Constituent Organizations (COs) and Associate Organizations (AOs), listed below, are eligible.
- aaDH - Australasian Association for Digital Humanities
- ACH - Association for Computers and the Humanities
- AIUCD- Associazione Informatica Umanistica e Cultura Digital
- CSDH/SCHN - Canadian Society for Digital Humanities / Société canadienne des humanités numériques
- CzADH - Czech Association for Digital Humanities
- DHASA - Digital Humanities Association of Southern Africa
- DHd - Digital Humanities im deutschsprachigen Raum
- DHN - Digital humaniora i Norden
- DH Russia - Russian Association for Digital Humanities
- EADH - European Association for Digital Humanities
- Humanistica, L'association francophone des humanités numériques/digitales
- JADH - Japanese Association for Digital Humanities
- RedHD - Red de Humanidades Digitales
- TADH - Taiwanese Association for Digital Humanities
Please nominate yourself or someone else for these roles by 1 March 2020 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If self-nominating, please send a brief statement of your expertise and motivation as well as a brief CV (2 pages). If you are nominating someone else, the ADHO Executive Board will contact them for the relevant materials.
ADHO Deputy Treasurer
The Treasurer is the financial manager for both ADHO and the ADHO Foundation (ADHO’s legal entity, based in the Netherlands). The Treasurer keeps track of and reports on the budget and advises the Executive and Constituent Organization Board about financial decisions. The Deputy Treasurer advises and assists the Treasurer as needed and may act on behalf of the Treasurer when they are unavailable. The Treasurer and Deputy Treasurer manage the financial assets of ADHO. The Deputy Treasurer is a member of the ADHO Executive Board (EB) and advises them on any financial implications of their decisions.
Responsibilities (in collaboration with the ADHO Treasurer):
- Reporting regularly on the ADHO budget to the EB, the COB, and governmental institutions as required
- Financial management (monitoring ADHO accounts and transactions)
- Analysis and research (comparing planned and actual budget figures; preparing annual budgets in consultation with the EB; etc.)
- Meetings and communication (presence at regular EB meetings via telecon and email. Presence at the annual meeting is desirable but not essential)
ADHO Communications Officer
The Communications Officer manages ADHO’s various public communication platforms and initiatives and is responsible for overseeing the development and effectiveness of ADHO’s public presence. They coordinate ADHO’s Communications Fellowship program and collaborate with the Communications Fellows to create and deliver content regarding ADHO business and the annual Digital Humanities conference. They also facilitate ADHO’s participation in public communications via social media and the ADHO website.
- Ensuring that information about ADHO news and publicity are made visible on the ADHO website in a timely way
- Overseeing ADHO's visibility on social media, e.g. via Twitter and Facebook
- Boosting the work of ADHO’s Constituent Organizations as shared on social media
- Coordinating the development of ADHO’s public image
- Developing active strategies for strong communication between ADHO and the larger DH world, and for increasing the visibility of publications supported by ADHO
- Working closely and actively with the various committee chairs to ensure coordinated communication about ADHO activities taking place within their committees
- Taking initiative in developing opportunities for public statements (e.g. press releases, etc.) about ADHO activities
- Coordinating with ADHO Publications Committee, to deputize individuals as appropriate to undertake specific communications projects
- Reporting regularly on communications matters to the EB, and to the COB and governmental institutions annually and as required
ADHO Infrastructure Committee Chair
The overall brief of the Infrastructure Committee is the continued development and maintenance of a web infrastructure that can be shared by all ADHO COs and AOs, with a particular focus on stability, affordability, and sustainability across shared and distributed services.
The Infrastructure Committee Chair leads a small team of volunteers (members of the Committee) and collaborates with the Systems Administrator, who is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the ADHO Server. The Chair reports regularly on the work of the Committee and Systems Administrator to the ADHO Executive Board and annually to the ADHO Constituent Organization Board (or at its request).
The ADHO Infrastructure Committee has responsibility for a range of services, including:
- maintaining the ADHO Server, including both physical and virtual components, as well as backups
- maintaining several Content Management Systems for websites (currently: WordPress and Drupal)
- running a Mailman mailing list installation
- providing a MediaWiki installation
- running several web services (e.g. using Tomcat and Docker) for ADHO, ADHO COs, and other digital humanities organizations and initiatives (e.g., the TEI).