Digital Humanist experienced in XML technologies
The Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities (ACDH-OeAW) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria’s leading non-university research facility, is offering a position as a digital humanist experienced in XML technologies (40hrs/week).
You will join an internationally networked team, pursuing research on the border between information and communication technology and humanities studies. Your work will be focused on the development of TEI-XML-based workflows and web applications for several third-party funded projects in the realm of digital lexicography and digital editions.
Your responsibilities will comprise the development and application of solutions for DH services, the design and management of online applications with a focus on innovative user interface design as well as preparing project data for long term archival with the ACDH’s repository ARCHE. The areas you will work on are part of the institute’s research agenda and should be documented by academic publications.
You will be responsible for
- setting up and adapting XML-based workflows for the projects,
- designing and implementing APIs for XML-based digital resources,
- creating user-friendly frontends for exploring the data created in projects.
We expect you to have
- a thorough knowledge of the XML stack (XPath, XQuery, XSLT, Schemas),
Ideally you have
- experience with XML databases (BaseX or eXist-db),
- already worked with the Guidelines of the Text Encoding Initiative and the ODD format,
- experience with OpenAPI or other API description formats,
The employment will start earliest possible and initially run for 12 months with the option of prolongation.
In accordance with the collective agreement for employees of the Austrian Academy of Sciences we offer an annual gross salary of € 38.928,40.
Please send your application (including CV, statement of motivation and references of previous projects) by email to Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Sonnenfelsgasse 19/8, 1010 (Vienna) The application deadline is Friday, 12 April 2019. In case of questions, please contact email@example.com.