JOB: lecturer at Leuphana University Lüneburg
Leuphana University Lüneburg (foundation under public law), Studium Individuale, invites applications for a position as a Lecturer and Tutor (wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter/in) Salary EG 13 TV-L, 60% for, at first, the duration of two years, starting as soon as possible.
The Studium Individuale is a programme of study (Bachelor of Arts) offering a contemporary liberal education. It centres on the intellectual engagement with questions of contemporary relevance, the personal development of each student through purposeful curricular choice, and the cultivation of general academic skills. It cooperates with like-minded programmes throughout the world, in particular in the USA and the Netherlands. The programme is taught in English.
The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to take part in the development of an innovative programme of study at a public university in Northern Germany. You will work in a small, supportive and motivated team and will have the opportunity to develop yourself as a well-rounded university lecturer in an engaging environment working closely with curious and free-spirited students.
- Teach one interdisciplinary core course per semester
- Contribute to course and curricular development through relevant research
- Contribute to the development and practice of student advising
- Take on managerial tasks
- Design and support co-curricular activities
- Support the external communication for the Studium Individuale
- A Masters Degree or PhD in the Social Sciences or Humanities
- Genuine interest, and preferably experience, in teaching and in course development
- Enthusiasm to work with undergraduate students
- Evidence of a broad, interdisciplinary approach to education
- Near-native level of English
- International experience
- Experience in managerial work
- Familiarity with, if not personal experience of, a liberal education/ LAS degree
The position is particularly suitable for early career academics pursuing doctoral studies or having just finished them and who are interested in pursuing a career in the growing field of liberal education programmes.
Leuphana University Lüneburg is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering heterogeneity among its employees. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given priority consideration. We are looking forward to your application.
If you have questions about the position, please contact Dr Volker Balli: email@example.com
Applications should, preferably, be sent electronically - in a single pdf-file - by 30 November 2016 to: Leuphana University Lüneburg Personalservice – Katrin Severloh Subject: Lecturer SI Scharnhorststr. 1 21335 Lüneburg Germany firstname.lastname@example.org