DH2017 Call for Papers
Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO)
Hosted by McGill University and Université de Montréal
8-11 August, 2017
- Paper/Poster/Panel deadline: 11:59pm GMT on 1 November 2016
- Workshop endorsed by a SIG: 11:59pm GMT on 16 December 2016
- Workshop/Tutorial proposal deadline: 11:59pm GMT on 17 February 2017
The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) invites submission of abstracts for its annual conference, on any aspect of digital humanities. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Humanities research enabled through digital media, artificial intelligence or machine learning, software studies, or information design and modeling;
- Social, institutional, global, multilingual, and multicultural aspects of digital humanities;
- Computer applications in literary, linguistic, cultural, and historical studies, including public humanities and interdisciplinary aspects of modern scholarship;
- Quantitative stylistics and philology, including big data and text mining studies;
- Digital arts, architecture, music, film, theatre, new media, digital games, and electronic literature;
- Emerging technologies such as physical computing, single-board computers, minimal computing, wearable devices, applied to humanities research;
- Digital humanities in pedagogy and academic curricula.
The theme of the 2017 conference is Access/Accès: contributions that focus on knowledge mobilization, public-facing scholarship, collaboration among scholars and communities, open access to code, software, research and results, and aspects of digital humanities research and publication involving accessibility technologies are particularly welcome. The conference will be officially bilingual in French and English, since Canada is a bilingual country: so we invite proposals for presentations particularly in both languages, as well as in the other official ADHO languages (German, Italian, Spanish).
Presentations may include
- Posters (abstract maximum 750 words)
- Short papers (abstract maximum 1500 words)
- Virtual short papers (abstract maximum 1500 words)
- Long papers (abstract 1500 words)
- Multiple paper sessions, including panels (regular abstracts +
- approximately 500-word overview)
- Pre-conference workshops and tutorials (proposal maximum 1500 words)
The deadline for submitting poster, short paper, long paper, and multiple paper session proposals to the international Program Committee is 11:59pm GMT, 1 November 2016. Presenters will be notified of acceptance by 17 February 2017.
The deadline for submitting workshops proposed by a Special Interest Group (SIG) is 11:59pm GMT, 16 December 2016, with notice of acceptance by 30 January 2017.
The deadline for workshop and tutorial proposals is 11:59pm GMT, 17 February 2017, with notice of acceptance by 10 March 2017.
This CFP is also available in French, German, Italian, Spanish. Please visit DH2017 website for further details.