AGM of EADH
We would like to invite you officially to the Annual General Meeting of EADH. This year the AGM will take place at the forthcoming DH 2016 in Kraków, Poland:
Time: Wednesday, 13th July - 13:00-14:00
- Minutes and matters arising
- Chair’s report
- Secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Membership report
EADH & ADHO
- Association initiatives
- Any other Business
Over the past three years EADH has seen an unprecedented growth. With over 800 voting members, EADH is today by far the largest constituent organization within the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO), and the range of DH research and teaching activities of our members is really impressive - take a look at our new 'project slider' to see some of those!
One reason for EADH's growth is the success of our three Associate Organizations in establishing DH in various European regions, namely
- Italian Associazione per l'Informatica Umanistica e la Cultura Digitale
- German language based Digital Humanities im deutschsprachigen Raum
- Digital Humaniora i Norden in the Nordic Countries.
In addition, DH Benelux has become a Partner Organization of EADH, and negotiations with other potential partners are well under way.
However, EADH's growth also makes it increasingly challenging to stay in touch. Since last year's AGM at the DH 2015 in Sydney was difficult to attend for many of our members - and that is why I would like to urge those of you who will be in Kraków at the DH 2016 to come to this year's AGM. Apart from reporting on its activities over the past 12 months, the Executive Committee of EADH needs your feed back and opinion on a number of issues and developments. Among these are two key developments which will be of significant importance for our organization in the immediate future:
- EADH's role within ADHO: ADHO's governance structure as well as the financial distribution formula are likely to be reformed - what are your ideas and concerns in this regard? How can we make EADH's wish to co-operate with its sister organizations in ADHO go hand-in-hand with EADH's commitment to serve its membership as an autonomous European organization?
- EADH's organizational focus: What is the ideal balance between EADH's commitment to DH as an intellectual and methodological paradigm in the humanities, and EADH's role and responsibility with regard to social and political issues of general relevance that impact on academic practice, such as inclusivity and gender related questions?
In these and other matters, please help your executive committee in taking the right decisions and implementing the policies and strategies that you, the members, find appropriate by attending our AGM in Kraków!