CfP: DATeCH 2017 Deadline Extension (Göttingen, 1-2 June, 2017)
The DATeCH international conference (Göttingen, 1-2 June, 2017) brings together researchers andpractitioners looking for innovative approaches for the creation, transformation and exploitation of historical documents in digitalform.
- 13 January 2017 - Abstractsubmission deadline
- 20 January2017 - Paper submission deadline
- 28 February 2017 - Decisionnotification
- 31 March 2017 - Camera-readypapersdue
- 1-2 June 2017 -Conference
The conference aims to foster interdisciplinary work and linkingtogether participants engaged in the following areas:
- Text digitization and OCR.
- Digital humanities.
- Image and document analysis.
- Digital libraries and library science.
- Applied computational linguistics.
- Interfaces and human-computer interaction.
Topics of interest are all those related to the practical andscientific goals listed above, such as:
- OCR technology and tools for minority and historicallanguages.
- Methods and tools for post-correction of OCR results.
- Automated quality control for mass OCR data.
- Innovative access methods for historical texts andcorpora.
- Natural language processing of ancient languages (Latin,Greek).
- Visualization techniques and interfaces for search and research indigital humanities.
- Publication and retrieval on e-books and mobile devices.
- Crowdsourcing techniques for collecting and annotating data indigital humanities.
- Enrichment of and metadata production for historical texts andcorpora.
- Data created with mobile devices.
- Data presentation and exploration on mobile devices.
- Ontological and linked data based contextualization of digitizedand born digital scholarly data resources.
The conference will take place in the Niedersächsische Staats- undUniversitätsbibliothek Göttingen, Historical Building, in theframework of the Digitisation Days (1-2 June, 2017).
The programme committee is chaired by Apostolos Antonacopoulos(Salford University, UK) and Marco Büchler (Georg August UniversityGöttingen, Germany) and integrated by:
- Alicia Fornés, Computer Vision Center, Universitat Autònoma deBarcelona, Spain
- Aly Conteh, LDS Church History Library, Salt Lake City,USA
- Basilis Gatos, Demokritos National Center for Scientific Research,Greece
- Claire Clivaz, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Lausanne,Switzerland
- Clemens Neudecker, Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - PreußischerKulturbesitz, Germany
- Dirk Roorda, Data Archiving and Networked Services, Amsterdam, TheNetherlands
- Elena Gonzalez-Blanco García, UNED, Madrid, Spain
- Enrique Vidal, Universitat Politècnica de València,Spain
- Eric Lease Morgan, University of Notre Dame, USA
- Geoffrey Rockwell, University of Alberta, Canada
- Gimena del Rio Riande, CONICET, Argentina
- Günter Mühlberger, Universität Innsbruck, Austria
- Jim Salmons, FactMiners, USA
- Joan Andreu Sánchez, Universitat Politècnica de València,Spain
- Klaus Schulz, Ludwig-Maximilians Universität München,Germany
- Kristoffer L. Nielbo, Interacting Minds Centre, School of Cultureand Society, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Laura Mandell, Texas A&M University, USA
- Laurent Romary, Inria & DARIAH, France and Germany
- Lou Burnard, Lou Burnard consulting, UK
- Mike Kestemont, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Neil Fitzgerald, The British Library, UK
- Rafael C. Carrasco (DLSI & Impact Centre of Competence,Universidad de Alicante), Spain
- Simone Marinai, Università degli Studi di Firenze, Italy
- Stefan Gradmann, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Stefan Pletschacher, University of Salford, UK
- Stoyan Mihov, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
- Thierry Paquet, Université de Rouen, France
- Tomasz Parkoła, Poznań Supercomputing and Networking Center,Poland
The following criteria will be applied to all papers submitted toDATeCH2017(http://ddays.digitisation.eu/datech-2017/submissions/):
- Authorsare invited to submit full papers of up to 6pages in length.
- Only original material will be accepted.Allsubmissions will be peer reviewed and accepted papers will bepublished in the conference proceedings, indexed in a major digitallibrary.
- The authors of the best contributions will be invited to prepare anextended version for a collective publication of selectedpapers inan indexed journal (an additional reviewing process will beapplied).