JOB: Product Owner of Europeana Collections
Europeana is looking for a passionate PO who will shape the vision of the Europeana Collections portal (www.europeana.eu) and ensure sustainable and consistent development of the product.
The first challenge will be to develop a new Thematic Collection by migrating the existing Europeana 1914-1918 website (www.europeana1914-1918.eu) with all its functionalities and content to the Europeana Collections portal. For an example see the existing Music, Art and Fashion Collections.
The successful candidate will be part of Europeana’s Product Owner & Design Team. The team is responsible for delivering high quality web products on time. The team is made up of three Product Owners and two Designers working together to continuously ensure the most effective customer experience. The successful candidate will also be a leader to the Europeana Collections product scrum team and have regular interactions with the various business stakeholders in other departments.
- Maintain the product vision. The PO has a keen eye for opportunities, focuses on business value and the Return On Investment and acts proactively on possible risks and threats.
- Write user stories. The PO writes clear user stories with the product vision in mind that allow for the team to contribute to the “what”.
- Own the release calendar. The PO prioritises the backlog and plans the sprints based on an understanding of the business strategies, market trends, and end-user needs.
- Translate the business needs into user stories.
- Refine the backlog with detail, estimates and acceptance criteria.
- Prioritise the product backlog taking technical innovation, technical debt and providing support into account.
- Acceptance test new features delivered for quality assurance function focused primarily on fitness for use.
- Organise regular product demos for key stakeholders.
- Proactively keep track of, report and forecast project progress, deviations and risks.
- Effectively communicate the product roadmap and project planning.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of web project management experience.
- Excellent understanding of web/software project management and Agile development methodologies.
- In depth functional product knowledge and understanding of the technical architecture.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Certification in Scrum Product Owner (preferred).
- Technical expertise (preferred).
- Understanding of the libraries, archives and museums domain and environment and of the organisational concerns (preferred).
- Being aware of the latest market conditions (preferred).
- Good communication skills. Knows how to explain the product strategy at board level, create support at middle management and motivate the development team with their daily challenges.
- Ability to say ‘no’. Adding items to the backlog knowing nothing will happen with them only creates ‘waste’ and false expectations.
- Problem-solving ability: ability to resolve problems by fraying apart situations, processes and issues and looking at them and judging them systematically.
- Accuracy: ability to work accurately and carefully for a long period, with an eye for detail and focus on avoiding errors and sloppiness, both in own work and in the work of others.
- Planning and organisation: brings structure to the work, using time, means and people efficiently, now and in the future.
Salary and benefits
Monthly salary will be between EUR 2,579 – 3,469 gross (based on full-time employment), depending on the level of your experience. Besides this, you will receive a (pro-rated) holiday allowance of 8% and an annual (year end, pro-rated) bonus of 8.33%.
The successful candidate also will enjoy 42 days holiday per year (based on full-time employment).
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your Curriculum Vitae plus motivation letter, both in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 January 2017.